Hawk Eye High Five
Last Wednesday night Garrett was going on and on and on about how he will get to bring Mr Bear home.. Mr Bear is a classroom bear that gets to come home with the kiddos.. & they journal about their fun time.. anyway.. he wouldn't stop talking about how excited he was for Thursday to come.. Thursday came.. and no bear.. I was met at the door by his teacher {during pick up} saying that Garrett is the most caring angel child and he must have little wings on him somewhere.. which is super sweet.. I joked about what happens to Garrett's wings when he gets home, but for the most part she is right.. he is a great kid!!! Come to find out Garrett was going to take the bear home, but a little boy in his class got really upset and started to cry.. he thought it was his day to take him home.. so Garrett told his teacher.. its ok.. Conner can take Mr Bear home.. I will take him home another day.. wow.. can I say.. I am pretty proud of my kid for that!!!! So sweet of him to put others before himself.. seriously at such a young age.. I hope he never loses that in him!!!!!!!!
So Thursday night Garrett told me that he was going to get a Hawk Eye High Five the following day for that.. so basically during announcements the Principal announces that Garrett gets to sign the Pride Board.. and why.. so I had my Flip and my little point and shoot ready for this moment.. Mark was working the night before so he didn't get a chance to see it.. so I had to get this memory on video for him.. and I am so glad I did.. I am so proud of my son!!!!!!!



1 comments:
Wahoo Garrett! It's amazing how smart and caring they really are outside of the home, huh? Ben jokes that as long as the kids are behaving in public, we must be doing something right. :)
Post a Comment