Lovin' Summertime!
It seriously has been non stop for us around here.. we go to the pool, the gym, have gone to the beach or beach club, parks, playdates galore, etc.. its been great.. the other day was REALLY hot though.. so the boys & I decided to just stay in the cool air conditioned house.. but they were getting a bit stir crazy.. so I let them tear up a newspaper.. they had a so much fun.. little pieces of newspaper were all over my living room.. they were throwing it up in the air like leaves in the fall.. wrestling together.. laughing.. having fun.. I did snap a few photos of it, but they were moving too fast.. so they were all pretty blurry, but Drew did stop to cheese for me... while Garrett is in the background throwing up newspaper.. who knew that it would be such a hit! They even helped me pick it up after.. which isn't always the fun part, but we made that a game too.. of course.. we played who can pick up the most.. the fastest.. Garrett always is willing to play that type of game!
Then today we went to the gym in the morning.. raced home to get ready to have lunch with Tia & Nikki {and little ones}.. Drew was very ready for a nap when we got home.. I was too.. so I set up Garrett to play the Wii Resort Sports {yes.. its awesome!}.. and he played for a bit while I took a snooze on the sofa.. then decided to take his blankie from me.. he did replace it with another one.. then said "Mommy where should I go?" I said "Honey come up here on the sofa with me" he said "No I will just go here then".. a half hour later I wake up finally.. and he was passed out on the coffee table.. hahahha.. my child.. totally my child.. there are pictures of me as a little girl {1 1/2 - 2 yrs old} sleeping on the coffee table in the summer since its cooler.. there are also pictures of me sleeping in my bathtub surrounded with all my stuffed animals {4yrs old} trying to stay cool on hot summer days.. we didn't have air conditioning though.. so we were very lucky to be under blankets in our nice cool house today! Its nice when Garrett takes naps.. he has been skipping them for about 3 months or so.. every now and then he is tired enough to take one.. and then I know.. sweet.. I have been doing enough to tucker this child out! Since both my kids got a great naps today.. Mark took them swimming tonight.. so they will go down good for us tonight.. hopefully!

1 comments:
Loving the pictures! I can't believe G fell asleep on the table. Too funny.
Post a Comment