Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carter {1st time in a swing}

Carter

My neighbor Erin.. is teaching Garrett how to swim.. using his arms & legs.. about a month ago Garrett decided he didn't need to swim with floaties anymore.. but he would just doggie paddle.. flounder.. whatever.. it looked like he was drowning, but it was his way of swimming.. so Mark & I would have him swim to the steps, but listening to Mom & Dad isn't something a 4yr old wants to do all the time.. Erin.. was a pro fish from the age of 3 {her Mom bragged to me!}.. she even holds the youngest fastest swimmer title at her local pool where she grew up.. so basically she has been swimming all her life.. and is really good! So I asked her if she would teach Garrett the arms & legs basics for me.. next year I really want to put him on a swim team, but they need to be able to swim the length of the pool.. or half.. not sure, but Garrett didn't really swim.. he just doggie paddled a short distance.. so while Erin was in the pool with Garrett.. I was outside with Drew & Carter.. I figured.. it would be the easiest to take pics of them in the swings {since Drew is a runner!}.. and Carter was soooooooo happy!!!! Look at this adorable face! He loved it! So by the end of the swim lesson.. Garrett showed off his stuff.. jumped into the deep end.. and swam {USING ARMS & LEGS!!!} to the stairs of the pool.. OMG.. its half the length of the pool.. in one 20 min session with him.. WAHOOO Erin.. I am very excited.. we are going to do the classes Mon, Wed & Fri.. not sure for how long.. after the excitment of the swimming.. Erin asked how we did.. I said great.. "I got some cute pictures of Carter.. he even smiled for me.. I just put him in the swing.. he loved it!" Erin then informed me that it was his first time in a swing ever.. OH MAN.. sorry friend.. but I promise you can have all the documentation of the event.. here is one of my favorites!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nicole August 5, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

Gooo Garrett! How awesome.

503 Photography August 12, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

You are one talented woman! I loved looking through your photographs. You are brilliant at capturing emotion and your composition is *excellent*! : )

About Me

My photo
United States
I am lucky enough to be a SAHM to my three wonderful boys.. I am married to the most amazing man.. I am enjoying every moment and taking nothing for granted!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP