Garrett's BDay
For Garrett's birthday he decided to go to the Discovery Center to check out the Star Wars exhibit and to ride the awesome Millennium Falcon Experience.. we decided to go on the Tuesday before his birthday so that Mark would be able to enjoy the day with us too.. Garrett asked if we could bring his friend Graham from school.. his parents were nice enough to let us borrow him for the afternoon.. they had fun looking at all the Star Wars stuff.. I think Mark really enjoyed that part!!! After that we checked out all the exhibits at the Discovery Center like the earthquake simulator.. the hurricane simulator.. and of course the dinosaur area.. the boys were running around like crazy out there! We finished up the night with Rubys for dinner and chocolate shakes.. yum!


On Garrett's actual birthday the original plan was baseball.. get cupcakes.. sing Happy Birthday with his baseball team.. all that fun stuff.. then we were going to head over to the movies and see the Lorax movie.. well.. of course it was crazy out! Baseball was cancelled.. so we got their rain boots and umbrellas out and went to Chick-fil-A for a lunch date.. then over to the theaters.. I got there early cause I didn't want to have to park far away.. man I am so glad I am crazy early to some things.. the theater was a mad house! Everyone decided to see a movie that day, but the boys and I got our treats and right into the movie before the real hustle and bustle started! WHEW!

The Lorax movie is awesome by the way.. I totally loved it!!! Drew was even pretty entertained by it.. Mark ended up getting Sat off.. which was nice.. so he stayed back with the baby.. while the boys and I braved the weather.. and what a great time I had with them!!!
That night Granny & Papa Rick game over to take Garrett out to the restaurant of his choice.. of course he picked IHOP! He opened his gifts and was ecstatic about the Ninjagos.. Skylanders.. super hero book.. and roller blades.. he really made out well!! That night he told me "Even if I didn't have a big party.. this was my best birthday ever Mom!" Although big parties every now and then are a lot of fun.. I really enjoy the small adventure celebrations.. being able to take a friend or two along with us for the journey.. it builds memories and gives quality time together.. with Marks schedule.. sports.. and just everyday busyness its nice to slow down and celebrate on a smaller scale! I am glad that he can appreciate that too!


0 comments:
Post a Comment