Thursday, April 9, 2009

Drew's Speech Update

Well the Regional Center came out and asked me a bunch of questions.. then took the answers back to the board.. and we will be contacted by a speech pathologist soon.. I am very excited to get this done.. I want to know.. the unknown of this is bugging me the most.. but since I have contacted the Regional Center.. Drew is really trying hard to communicate with me.. its so crazy.. its like your broken car that works fine for a mechanic!

The other day I was getting ready for the gym.. Drew was sick.. so I was just taking Garrett.. I came downstairs with Garrett's clothes and...

Drew started running around clapping saying "YAY.. YAY.. YAY"
I said "No Drew just Garrett is coming"
then started getting Garrett dressed
Drew pointed to himself and said "too.. too... too"
then I started putting Garrett's shoes and socks on
Drew pointed to his feet and said "socks.. socks"

He is trying with his limited vocabulary to talk to me.. and I hope that its just a step he missed.. or he is too stuborn to talk when he is not sure how to say it, but we play the repeat game whenever we are in the car.. he will say the majority of his words, but if I throw one in that he can't say.. he won't say it.. I know its comiing.. I know its there.. Garrett was just a talker.. and I really took that for granted.. I am so anxious for Drew to talk!

3 comments:

ashley April 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

hey jen my lil t was the same way he didnt talk much at all i was getting worried then all the sudden one day he just started talkin in sent!
i hope everthing works out!

Jennifer April 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

funny my Mom keeps saying that is what I did.. one day I just started crazy talking.. so we will see.. hopefully that is the case here too!

Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

We're thinking of you guys! Hope everything turns out great.

About Me

My photo
United States
I am lucky enough to be a SAHM to my three wonderful boys.. I am married to the most amazing man.. I am enjoying every moment and taking nothing for granted!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP