My first 5K
I did it.. I cannot believe it.. a few months ago I had this crazy idea to sign up for a 5K.. I was talking to my friend Pam.. she said that her and some friends were interested in doing the mud run this year.. so I decided why not.. lets do this.. we signed up what seemed like months prior to the run.. and I started training.. but then Mark had his surgery.. workouts were not very consistent after that.. then all of the sudden the day was here.. I was so nervous! The week prior I had a really nice workout, but it left me sore.. so I decided to not workout to save all my energy for the big day.. not sure if that was a good idea or not, but I completed the run in 1 hr 3 min... there were 4,000 people running that day.. they had 2 5k runs, 1 10k run & a kids run.. needless to say there was hundreds of people doing the same 5k that I did.. we had obstacles that we had to do.. so jogging to the obstacles wasn't bad.. cause then you had to wait for your turn over the wall.. the stop and go was great in the beginning, but by the end.. it was just making me more tired.. I would have liked to just kept going.. but there was 3ft walls, 4ft walls, tires, mud tracks, mud pools {which you had to crawl in!}, water waist deep that you had to run through that smelt horrible, tunnels with sand and little mud filled hills that were slippery.. seriously.. there is no way that I could describe how dirty this run was.. and there are no words to describe the joy I feel for completing the course!


Thank you Pam for talking me into such a crazy idea.. thank you Joanna for the sports bra tip.. that was HUGE.. also for sending me the pictures... thank you Stephanie & hubby for staying with me for most of the course.. thank you Granny for waking up super duper early to watch my two lil' guys and a big thank you to myself for actually going through with something that I thought I would never do! I can't WAIT til next year!
**Also if your curious.. my total weight loss since my last doctor visit has been 33lbs... I have 25 more to go before I am at my goal weight.. the new healthier me has been a blast to live with so far.. I am wearing shorts, dresses, tank tops & bathing suits.. all with confidence to the new me.. its been life changing!

7 comments:
Gooooo Jen! I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you did it. xoxo
Jen, you are an inspiration! What a great post and I am so happy for you that you've completed your first 5k! Keep it up and you'll have that last (and probably the hardest) 25 pounds gone in no time! Congrats :D
Im so proud of you!! You are an inspiration to me!!! IM so glad you did it!!! love you
OK so I think I am gonna have to take you up on your idea and join you next year!!! I am so not a runner but at least I have a year to get into training right! =) I am so proud of you and I am so glad that you are too!! xxx
jen you look amazing!!!
keep up the good work!!!!
Yaaaaay!!! Awesome job Jen! You look amazing and I'm so glad you completed your goal!
Good for you Jen. I'm so happy for you. You look awesome by the way. =)
Post a Comment